• OPRA gives the public greater access to government records maintained by public agencies in New Jersey. A request for access to a government record must be submitted in writing using the Hudson County Community College Request for Public Records Form.

    There are both general and specific exemptions that apply to the definition “government record.” The Government Records Council’s Website, www.state.nj.us/grc, contains useful information on the law. For more information, procedures, and exemptions please contact the Vice President for Planning and Development.



    Please complete the attached OPRA form and submit it as follows:
    Email: nchiaravalloti@hccc.edu
    Mail: Vice President for Planning and Development, 70 Sip Ave., 4th Floor, Jersey City, NJ 07306



    Government records not exempt from public access, may be inspected, examined, and copied during regular business hours at HCCC.

    HCCC is open:
    Monday through Friday – 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. from the week before Labor Day to the week of Commencement.
    Monday through Thursday – 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. the week after Commencement until the week before Labor Day.

    The College is closed the week between Christmas and New Year’s.

    OPRA requests will not be processed when the College is closed.

    Download OPRA Form


    A person denied access to a properly requested government record has the right to appeal a denial of, or failure to provide requested information, by filing a complaint with the Government Records Council.

    U.S. Mail: P.O. Box 819, Trenton, NJ 08625, or
    Website: http://www.state.nj.us/grc/
    E-mail: grc@dca.state.nj.us
    Toll-free telephone: 1-866-850-0511
    Fax: 1-609-633-6337

  • Contact Information

    Hudson County Community College
    70 Sip Avenue - 4th Floor
    Jersey City, NJ 07306