College Closing

Please be advised that Hudson County Community College will close at 12:00 p.m. today, Monday, January 26, 2015 and remain closed through Tuesday, January 27, 2015, due to inclement weather. All day and evening classes have been canceled. The College anticipates to reopen on Wednesday, January 28, 2015, operating on a normal schedule.  The College will notify the community by 10 p.m. on Tuesday, January 27, 2015 if there are any further announcements.
Registration will be extended to Friday, January 30, 2015.  Add/Drop period will be extended to Friday, February 6, 2015.
Are You ‘Connect-ED?’
Students, faculty and staff are strongly encouraged to register for HCCC's emergency notification system. It is the safest way to ensure that you receive critical College notifications on safety issues, school closings and weather alerts.
Read More

  • Applying Header
  • Get started with HCCC today, click this button to Apply Now. Apply Online Now  
  • Apply to HCCC Online Now!

  • Hudson County Community College is student-centered. Our faculty and staff are here to assist you in attaining your college goals — from applying through graduation.

    We worked to make the application process as easy as possible, but if you do have any questions or problems, please contact our Office of Enrollment Services.

    Here’s a step-by-step guide to applying to HCCC:

    1) Apply Online or obtain and fill out the Admission Application Form (Download in English | Download in Spanish), which is available online or in hard-copy form from Enrollment Services.

    2) Pay the $20 application fee, payable to Hudson County Community College. This fee is non-refundable and must accompany your completed application.

    3) Provide proof of residency: a NJ State ID, County ID, home phone bill or PSE&G bill in your name is needed in order to establish whether or not you are eligible for in-County tuition rates.

    4) Show proof of immunizations for measles, mumps, rubella and Hepatitis B. The state of New Jersey requires that the College ask that all students who are enrolled for full-time studies (12 credit hours or more) provide proof of these immunizations, or provide evidence that they are exempt because of the following reasons.
             a) Medical reasons ( such as pregancny or immunity) - a physician's statement or official records must be presented;
             b) Religious reasons - a statement from an official of the religious organization must be presented;
             c) Individuals born before January 1, 1957 (excludes Hepatitis B requirement)
    The College accepts the following as evidence of immunization: an Official School Immunization Record; or a record from any public health department or physician. For complete information on required immunizations, click here.

    5) Request that all high school transcripts and copies of transcripts from a former college or university be forwarded to the HCCC Office of Enrollment Services. Official transcripts must be received in a sealed envelope from your former college or university.

    6) Apply for Financial Aid – There are many ways to pay for college. Some programs are based on financial need, although certainly not all. It’s possible to receive grants and scholarships from the government and from the College in the form of scholarships, federal and state loans and grants such as Pell Grants, Stafford Loans,  state Tuition Aid Grants, Federal Work-Study and Educational Opportunity Fund. Financial aid can help you pay for mandatory College fees, textbooks, transportation, and other educational expenses while attending HCCC. Be sure to explore these available options and apply for appropriate programs. The financial aid application process is confidential and free. Learn how to apply and file a FAFSA (Free Application for Financial Aid) at  today to find out what’s available to help you pay for tuition.

    Remember, you must complete the entire application process before you can register for classes. For questions to obtain Enrollment Services' hours, email , or phone (201) 714-7200

    Transfer Credits:
    International Students:
    Veterans' Affairs: