For information on Instant Decision Days, visit Transfer Events.
Transfer Partnership Benefits
- Seamless transfer
- In-state tuition
- Scholarship opportunities
- World-Class Education Experience
- Faster Credit Evaluations
Transfer Application Priority Deadlines
- Fall: August 1 (Michael Graves College: Graphic Design June 30th)
- Spring: December 1
Transfer Application Process
Applicants with 30 credits or more are required to submit:
- Official transcripts from every college and post-secondary school attended.
Transfer Applicants with less than 30 credits are required to submit:
- Transcripts from every college and post-secondary school attended, and
- Official high school transcripts.
A complete application consists of the following items*:
- A submitted online application.
- Official transcripts as referenced above from every college and post-secondary school attended must be sent electronically to the attention
of the Office of Transfer Admissions at email@example.com. If electronic copies of transcripts are unavailable, official (sealed envelope)
transcripts can be sent by mail to the Office of Transfer Admissions located in Kean
Hall at 1000 Morris Avenue, Union, New Jersey 07083.
- A non-refundable $75 application fee. Application fees may be paid through the online application by
credit card or debit card.
- International students (i.e. those who require an I-20 Form, including those on F-1
Visas to study in the U.S.) must also complete the International Student Application
* Please review the additional application requirements for consideration into the
Kean offers new transfer students merit awards for the first year of study for fall
entry students. Completed admissions applications will qualify students for consideration.
TRANSFER MERIT SCHOLARSHIP
The Transfer Merit Scholarship is a $1,000 one-time scholarship awarded based on academic
performance from applicant's prior institution of higher education, with 3.0 cumulative
GPA and either an associate's degree or comparable coursework totaling a minimum of
60 credits, as determined by the Office of Admissions.
This scholarship is contingent on full-time (minimum of 12 credits) enrollment.
PHI THETA KAPPA (PTK) SCHOLARSHIP
The PTK Scholarship is a one-time award offered for the first year of study for fall
start term students. For students starting in the spring start term, the PTK Scholarship
is only awarded in the spring. To qualify, candidates are required to provide the
Office of Transfer Admissions proof of organizational membership as well as final
official transcripts that indicate degree conferral.
NOTE: If you are in your final semester, you will be tentatively awarded the PTK Scholarship
until Admissions receives your final official transcript with your degree conferred.
Know that there are two tiers for the PTK Scholarship based on full or part-time study.
Students pursuing full-time study (minimum of 12 credits) receive a total annual amount
of $2000 ($1000 towards each semester, fall and spring). Students studying part-time receive a total annual award of $1000 ($500 towards each semester, fall and spring).
Kean Foundation Scholarships
The Kean University Foundation is the university’s primary fundraising and gift-receiving
organization. It was founded in 1984 as a non-profit, tax exempt organization that
advances the mission of Kean University by pursuing and securing private support to
benefit Kean’s students, faculty, programs, and/or facilities.
Scholarship Services | KUScholar@kean.edu
Programs available at Kean University for Dual Admission:
- A.A. Criminal Justice to B.A. Criminal Justice
- A.S. Accounting to B.S. Accounting College of Education
- A.A. Early Childhood Education to B.A. Early Childhood Education (k-5 and p-3)
- A.A. Early Childhood Education to B.A. Elementary Education (k-6)
- A.A. Early Childhood Education to B.A. Elementary Education (k-6 and 5-8)
- A.A. Education (Elementary/Secondary) to B.A. Early Childhood Education (k-5 and p-3)
- A.A. Education (Elementary/Secondary) to B.A. Elementary Education (k-6)
- A.A. Education (Elementary/Secondary) to B.A. Elementary Education (k-6 and 5-8)
- A.A. Human Services to B.A. Recreation Administration – Community Recreation
- A.A. Human Services to B.A. Recreation Administration – Therapeutic Recreation
- A.A. Liberal Arts to B.A. Recreation Administration – Commercial Recreation
- A.A. Liberal Arts to B.A. Recreation Administration – Therapeutic Recreation
- A.S. Health Services to B.A. Recreation Administration – Community Recreation
- A.S. Health Services to B.S. Physical Education and Health/Teacher Certification (p-12)
- A.A.S. Health Science to B.S. Physical Education and Health/Teacher Certification
- College of Business and Public Management A.A. Business to B.S. Management – General
- College of Liberal Arts A.A. Theatre Arts to B.A. Theatre
Dual Admission Agreement
Transfer Representative Contact Information
Name: Paul Singh