Financial Aid Resources for NJ Dreamers

The New Jersey Alternative Financial Aid Application allows undocumented students enrolled in eligible New Jersey colleges and universities to apply for state financial aid.

Who should complete this application?

Complete this application if you are not a United States citizen or eligible noncitizen and meet all of the following criteria:

  • Attended a New Jersey high school for at least three (3) years
  • Graduated from a New Jersey high school or received the equivalent of a high school diploma in New Jersey
  • Are able to file an affidavit stating that you will file an application to legalize your immigration status or will file an application as soon you are eligible to do so

How to Apply?

  1. Complete the NJ Alternative Financial Aid Application.
  2. Submit the following documents to the Financial Aid Office.

    1. Complete the NJ Dreamers Affidavit form. Please select the electronic form located in the Verification and Form page.
    2. A copy of your final New Jersey high school transcript. Your high school transcript must include that a diploma was awarded, including the graduation date, and that you attended at least 3 years of high school in NJ. The transcript must have an official school signature, seal or stamp. You can submit documents through LibertyLink.

NJ Alternative Financial Aid Application FAQ


Contact Information

Financial Aid Office
Phone: (201) 360-4200 / (201) 360-4214
Text: (201) 744-2767