Second Degree Students


Welcome back to HCCC! By following these steps, you’ll be on your way to achieving your goals as an HCCC Second Degree Student.

Apply to HCCC

Apply using the online application below. If you require assistance translating the application, please contact enrollment services.

Dates and Deadlines

We accept applications on a rolling basis, but you should apply as early as possible for the semester you wish to join.

After You Apply

You will receive a welcome email with more information from your assigned HCCC Admissions Advisor who will assist you. Until then, you can start preparing for your next steps before taking classes.

What’s Next?

  • Immediately make an appointment to meet with the Dean of the Academic Division in which you are seeking a Second Degree to determine eligibility for the Second Degree you are pursuing. Please refer to the Academic Catalog for a full list of Academic Division contact information. If you have already met with the Dean, or have any questions, contact the Second Degree Representative, Hamza Saleem at hsaleem2FREEHUDSONCOUNTYCOMMUNITYCOLLEGE.

Things to know

  • A restriction will be placed on your HCCC Student Account until we receive official approval of your Second Degree request from the Dean of the Academic Division in which you are seeking a Second Degree.
  • Once all official documentation has been received, the restriction will be lifted and you will be eligible to register online.

The state of New Jersey requires that we ask all students who are enrolled full-time (12 credit hours or more) to provide proof of measles, mumps, rubella, and hepatitis B immunizations. All new students, regardless if they are full-time or part-time, must provide proof of Meningococcal immunization, unless they are exempt. Students can provide evidence that they are exempt because of the following reasons:

  • Medical reasons (such as pregnancy or immunity): Show a physician's statement or official record.
  • Religious reasons: Show a statement from an official of the religious organization.
  • Anyone born before January 1, 1957: Still must provide proof of hepatitis B immunization. 

We accept the following as evidence of immunization:

  • An official school immunization record.
  • A record from any public health department or physician.

Download and Fill Out Our Immunization Record Form.

As a Second Degree Student you may still be eligible for Federal Pell Grants. 

The financial aid application process is confidential and free. The first step in receiving a loan or grant is to apply and file a Free Application for Financial Aid (FAFSA).

When you are ready to register for classes go to Registering for Classes.

Get Connected!

As a returning graduate of HCCC, you can join our growing HCCC Alumni Association. Learn more about the benefits of joining and how you can continue to make an impact on students and the community.


Contact Information

HCCC Enrollment Services
70 Sip Avenue - First Floor
Jersey City, NJ 07306
(201) 714-7200 or text (201) 509-4222

You can also turn to these departments for specific questions: