Veteran Students


Hudson County Community College is honored to provide educational opportunities and services to the women and men who serve and have served in the United States armed forces. Assistance to service members is available through the college’s Veterans Certifying Official, who provides information about taking courses at the college, and who helps in applying for benefits, certifying enrollment, and maintaining accurate student-status records. The HCCC Veterans Certifying Official may also refer student service members to the College’s many counseling and advisement departments.

In order to receive benefits, veterans must supply the HCCC Veterans Certifying Official with proper documentation.

By following these steps, you’ll be on your way to achieving your goals as an HCCC Veteran Student.

Apply to HCCC

Apply using the online application below. If you require assistance translating the application, please contact enrollment services.

Dates and Deadlines

We accept applications on a rolling basis, but you should apply as early as possible for the semester you wish to join.

After You Apply

You will receive a welcome email with more information from your assigned Admissions Advisor and the HCCC Veterans Certifying Official. Until then, you can start preparing for your next steps before taking classes.

Veteran Benefits

If you have identified as a Veteran, Spouse/Dependent, or Active Duty Member you must provide valid identification to the Office of Enrollment Services or the Veterans Certifying Official.  Valid identification includes DD-214, Military ID, or Eligibility Letter.

Veterans, Spouses/Dependents, and Active Duty Members must activate VA benefits via VONAPP or VA website. Please visit and click on "Education and Training" to apply.

Veterans, Spouses/Dependents, and Active Duty Members must provide Eligibility Letter before VA benefits can be processed by the Veterans Certifying Official.

It is important to follow the steps listed above to ensure you receive any VA benefits you may be eligible for. If you have any questions, please contact veteransFREEHUDSONCOUNTYCOMMUNITYCOLLEGE.

The state of New Jersey requires that we ask all students who are enrolled full-time (12 credit hours or more) to provide proof of measles, mumps, rubella, and hepatitis B immunizations. All new students, regardless if they are full-time or part-time, must provide proof of meningococcal meningitis immunization, unless they are exempt. Students can provide evidence that they are exempt because of the following reasons:

  • Medical reasons (such as pregnancy or immunity): Show a physician's statement or official record.
  • Religious reasons: Show a statement from an official of the religious organization.
  • Anyone born before January 1, 1957: Still must provide proof of hepatitis B immunization. 

We accept the following as evidence of immunization:

  • An official school immunization record.
  • A record from any public health department or physician.

Download and Fill Out Our Immunization Record Form.

You have many ways to pay for college. Some of them are based on your financial need, although others are based on your grades, interests or skills. 

You could be eligible for grants or scholarships from the government or from HCCC. Financial aid is also available in the form of federal and state loans and grants, such as Pell Grants, Stafford Loans, state Tuition Aid Grants, Federal Work-Study and the Educational Opportunity Fund. 

Note: National Guard members are required to apply for Financial Aid. If denied, National Guard members may use the Commander’s Certification Form and submit their high school diploma, transcript or official GED scores to the HCCC Veterans’ Affairs Advisor.

The financial aid application process is confidential and free. The first step in receiving a loan or grant is to apply and file a Free Application for Financial Aid (FAFSA).

Eligible students may qualify for a scholarship at HCCC or from an external source.

Click here when you're ready to register for classes.

Being at HCCC

Applying for college is about more than filling out forms. Start imagining yourself here.
Get Excited for Your Orientation

We’re excited to meet you! After you register, we will send you more information about an upcoming orientation.


Contact Information

HCCC Enrollment Services
70 Sip Avenue - First Floor
Jersey City, NJ 07306
(201) 714-7200 or text (201) 509-4222

You can also turn to these departments for specific questions: