Visiting or Non-Matriculating Students


By following these steps, you’ll be on your way to achieving your goals as an HCCC Visiting or Non-Matriculating Student.

Apply to HCCC

Apply using the online application below. If you require assistance translating the application, please contact enrollment services.

Dates and Deadlines

We accept applications on a rolling basis, but you should apply as early as possible for the semester you wish to join.

After You Apply

You will receive a welcome email with more information from your assigned HCCC Admissions Advisor. Until then, you can start preparing for your next steps before taking classes.

Visiting students currently enrolled in other colleges and universities who wish to earn credits at Hudson County Community College for transfer to that college or university must obtain advanced written approval from the appropriate academic office of the college or university they attend. Please submit documentation of approval/permission from your home institution to Enrollment Services in order to enroll and register for courses in a specific year and term. In the absence of documentation of approval/permission to register, you will be required to submit a college transcript verifying you have met any and all co- or prerequisites (all paperwork should be submitted together at time of enrollment to the Enrollment Services office).

Non-matriculating students (credits not toward a degree) who have satisfied pre-requisites at another school, must provide official or unofficial transcripts to Enrollment Services. If you have not satisfied a pre-requisite, you will be required to take either the College Placement Test (CPT) or the pre-requisite course.

The state of New Jersey requires that we ask all students who are enrolled full-time (12 credit hours or more) to provide proof of measles, mumps, rubella, and hepatitis B immunizations. All new students, regardless if they are full-time or part-time, must provide proof of Meningococcal immunization, unless they are exempt. Students can provide evidence that they are exempt because of the following reasons:

  • Medical reasons (such as pregnancy or immunity): Show a physician's statement or official record.
  • Religious reasons: Show a statement from an official of the religious organization.
  • Anyone born before January 1, 1957: Still most provide proof of hepatitis B immunization. 

We accept the following as evidence of immunization:

  • An official school immunization record.
  • A record from any public health department or physician.

Download and Fill Out Our Immunization Record Form.

Non-matriculating and visiting Students should contact Enrollment Services at NMATFREEHUDSONCOUNTYCOMMUNITYCOLLEGE.

Being at HCCC

Applying for college is about more than filling out forms. Start imagining yourself here.
Explore HCCC Programs and Courses

Find the right program or course for you.


Contact Information

HCCC Enrollment Services
70 Sip Avenue - First Floor
Jersey City, NJ 07306
(201) 714-7200 or text (201) 509-4222

You can also turn to these departments for specific questions: