Transfer Students


By following these steps, you’ll be on your way to achieving your goals as an HCCC Transfer student.

Apply to HCCC

You have several choices. The fastest way is to apply online. You can also download a form in Spanish. If you download a form, print it out, and send it to or drop it off to the Enrollment Services office.

Dates and Deadlines

We accept applications on a rolling basis, but you should apply as early as possible for the semester you wish to join.

After You Apply

You will receive a welcome email with more information from your assigned HCCC Admissions Advisor. Until then, you can start preparing for your next steps before taking classes.

If you are transferring credits you must submit all official college transcripts to Enrollment Services so that a transcript evaluation can be completed before you register for classes.

Please note, we will accept unofficial transcripts for review, which can expedite the transcript review process. However, official transcripts from the school are still needed in order for the credits to be official. College transcripts can be sent to transferevaluationsFREEHUDSONCOUNTYCOMMUNITYCOLLEGE. You will be notified via email when your transcript has been evaluated.

Students educated in a country outside of the United States will need to request official transcripts from the foreign institution they attended and have them evaluated by a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). We highly recommend using World Education Services (WES) to have your foreign transcripts evaluated.

The state of New Jersey requires that we ask all students who are enrolled full-time (12 credit hours or more) to provide proof of measles, mumps, rubella, and hepatitis B immunizations. All students, regardless if they are full-time or part-time, must provide proof of meningococcal meningitis immunization, unless they are exempt. Students can provide evidence that they are exempt because of the following reasons:

  • Medical reasons (such as pregnancy or immunity): Show a physician's statement or official record.
  • Religious reasons: Show a statement from an official of the religious organization.
  • Anyone born before January 1, 1957: Still must provide proof of hepatitis B immunization. 

We accept the following as evidence of immunization:

  • An official school immunization record.
  • A record from any public health department or physician.

Download and Fill Out Our Immunization Record Form.

You have many ways to pay for college. Some of them are based on your financial need, although others are based on your grades, interests or skills.

You could be eligible for grants or scholarships from the government or from HCCC. Financial aid is also available in the form of federal and state loans and grants, such as Pell Grants, Stafford Loans, state Tuition Aid Grants, Federal Work-Study and the Educational Opportunity Fund.

The financial aid application process is confidential and free. The first step in receiving a loan or grant is to apply and file a Free Application for Financial Aid (FAFSA).

Eligible students may qualify for a scholarship at HCCC or from an external source.

Click here when you're ready to register for classes. 

Being at HCCC

Applying for college is about more than filling out forms. Start imagining yourself here.
Get Excited for Your Orientation

We’re excited to meet you! After you register, we will send you more information about an upcoming orientation.


Contact Information

HCCC Enrollment Services
70 Sip Avenue - First Floor
Jersey City, NJ 07306
(201) 714-7200 or text (201) 509-4222

You can also turn to these departments for specific questions: