About This Class
Success as a manager is heavily influenced by how well your team operates and what
kind of results they achieve. Is your team able to solve problems? Can they resolve
conflict? Are they enthusiastic and motivated to do their best? Do they work well
together? This two-day workshop is designed for participants who want to develop their
team leadership skills and unleash the talent of their individual team members.
Upon successful completion of the training, participants will be able to:
- Identify different types of teams.
- Build teamwork by recognizing and tapping into the 12 characteristics of an effective
- Promote trust and rapport by exploring your team player style and how it impacts group
- Recognize the key elements that move a team from involvement to empowerment and how
to give these elements to your team.
- Develop strategies for dealing with team conflict and common problems.
- Understand how action planning and analysis tools can help your team perform better.
Using the following tools and techniques:
- The TORI team building model
- Beckhart’s team activities
- Stages of team development and shaping factors
- Parker’s 12 characteristics of great teams
- The trust/relationship model
- Creative, lateral, and vertical thinking
- Interventions for team leaders
- Resolving conflict and solving problems
- SWOT analysis and developing team action plans
- Pre and post assessment for all classes and students taking part in this program.
- Assessment scores from the TABE, Best Literacy, Customer Service Inventory and the
NJCCC PC Skills assessment instruments will be compiled.
- Understand, read and write English language
- Have basic computer knowledge
- Basic knowledge of video conference platforms
- Internet connection
- Laptop, Personal Computer, notebook
School of Continuing Education and Workforce Development
161 Newkirk Street, Suite E504
Jersey City, NJ 07306